Finding a Tax Lawyer Toronto & Area
Do You Need a Tax Lawyer Toronto & Beyond?
If you are in a situation where the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has come calling to collect on tax debt, it’s crucial that you respond correctly. If you haven’t properly disclosed your income on your tax returns, it becomes even more critical that you handle this situation with care. If the CRA considers your actions to be a willful attempt to evade taxes, the agency could seek criminal tax evasion charges against you.
- Trust an experience tax lawyer to review your situation and determine the best course of action
- We make sure your rights are respected and protected throughout the entire process
- Don’t risk criminal charges by trying to handle the CRA yourself
Why a Tax Lawyer is So Important
The CRA has very strong collection powers. If you owe tax debt and do not pay it, the CRA can freeze your bank accounts, garnish your wages, place a lien on your property, seize your assets, and much more. If you owe taxes, it is critical that you handle the situation correctly. A prompt response is certainly important, but so is an accurate one.
A Toronto tax lawyer can review your situation and determine the best course of action going forward and ensure that your rights are respected every step of the way.
A tax lawyer becomes even more important if you have not correctly disclosed your income on your tax returns. This is especially true if you have undisclosed foreign income. The CRA is cracking down on these situations in hopes of collecting tax debt that is owed to it. If the agency believes that you made a conscious decision to hide income on your returns, it can seek criminal tax evasion charges against you.
A tax lawyer Toronto and beyond can help you deal with these very serious charges.
Get Help from Tax Lawyers Toronto
Tax Lawyers understands the importance working with a tax lawyer Toronto and beyond. When you work with our trusted team, you’re working with experienced ex-CRA, legal, and accounting professionals. We can help you:
- Fully understand the situation you are faced with and recommend a course of action
- Help you apply for the CRA’s Voluntary Disclosure Program (VDP) if applicable. This program is designed to give taxpayers a “second chance” to disclose income that may not have been included in prior year returns
- Negotiate with the CRA to resolve tax problems and even potential tax evasion cases
Debt Settlement Resources & Articles
Your Surplus Income Can Determine The Length Of Your Bankruptcy. Your bankruptcy trustee takes a lot more into account than simply your paycheque.
Finding a Tax Lawyer Toronto & Area Introduction Budgeting is an essential tool for managing personal finances and achieving financial goals. Creating a monthly budget helps you understand where your money goes and identifies...
Tax debt owed to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) can be tough to deal with. Here are some options that can make handling it easier.
Help with your financial needs